- Device requirement analysis
- Device performance specification
- Appropriate technology selection for design implementation
- Hardware and firmware specification and design
- Design performance simulation and analysis
- Prototype development and test
- Document generation including schematics, netlists, bill of materials
- Manufacturing test procedure and test fixture development
- Design and prototype review, revisions, updates
- Product and prototype troubleshooting, failure analysis
Projects typically begin with specification of device performance. The specification includes a design verification test, and may contain manufacturing test and calibration requirements. The project continues through a variety of phases, including, when appropriate, research and analysis, engineering design specification, hardware/software development, prototyping, and transfer to manufacturing. Throughout the effort we work closely with our client to insure that needs are targeted properly and that system development remains focused on meeting device performance goals.
Prototype Fabrication and Assembly
Augustus Design can provide and coordinate vendors for printed circuit board layout, fabrication, and assembly, or can coordinate client specified vendors for these and other tasks. Prototype components and materials can be ordered and managed on a client’s behalf, and most prototype assembly can be performed in-house if desired.